Is Niacinamide Part of Your Brand?
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B-3 that our body can naturally produce. When used topically, it can help treat a variety of skin conditions such as acne and eczema.
What are the Benefits of Niacinamide?
Overall, niacinamide is great for all skin types and can help lock in moisture to prevent environmental damage.
However, here are some additional benefits that niacinamide provides.
- Lipid barrier. Niacinamide can help your skin grow a ceramide (lipid) barrier, which can, in turn, help retain moisture.
- Regulates oil. The benefits of moisture retention aren’t just for those with dry skin types. Niacinamide can also help regulate the amount of oil the sebaceous glands produce and prevent your glands from going into overdrive
- Treats acne. Niacinamide may be helpful for severe acne, especially inflammatory forms like papules and pustules. Over time, you may see fewer lesions and improved skin texture.
- Minimizes redness and blotchiness. Niacinamide reduces inflammation which may help ease redness from eczema, acne, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Protects against sun damage. Niacinamide can concurrently rebuild healthy skin cells while also protecting them from damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. Research has also found that the same concentration was helpful in reducing some signs of sun damage that come with aging. This includes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Protects against oxidative stress. Niacinamide helps build cells in the skin while also protecting them from environmental stresses, such as sunlight, pollution, and toxins.
Do you have a product in your skincare lineup that contains Niacinamide?
At AMP Medical we have multiple products that contain niacinamide, however, two of our moisturizers were formulated with niacinamide as the main hero ingredient.
Niamoist Moisturizing Cream: Contains 4% niacinamide, 3 different ceramides and shea butter. It’s the perfect light weight, daily moisturizer that helps decrease the appearance of photo aging and sebum production while protecting against environmental stress to build a strong barrier function.
Niamoist Intensive Repair: An ultra-hydrating moisturizer that contains 4% niacinamide, 3 different ceramides, and peptides to improve barrier function while boosting collagen and elastin in the skin. This product can be used in the morning or evening and provides dry, dehydrated skin with the moisture it needs.